Saturday, April 02, 2005

Blessings

Another on-duty weekend in the good ole' Shatford House. You know, while it may seem like a bummer to have to spend my entire weekend in a dorm and miss out on what my friends are doing, it truly is a blessing. I get to chill with some amazing freshmen girls and like tonight, chill with some pretty amazing RAs for 3 hours while watching the 9th season of friends (good times). I also get to complete all the things on my "to do list" that I have procrastinated on all month...

So, this week I finally figured out what to do for the rest of my life (or at least right after graduation). I could just picture God up there sitting on the edge of His seat, cheering me on to actually see where He was leading. Who am I to think that He has given me this insurmountable passion for music for mere pleasure? Churches are crying out for qualified worship leaders who truly have a passion for praising our awesome Father. That's where you'll find me. Working in a church, leading the worship part time while I hopefully tour independently part time. Yup, you heard me. I'm taking the plundge and concentrating on writing more and pursuing this "hobby" as a potential vocation. Hopefully after a summer on campus (living in Evans 103 all by myself) with my keyboard and yet-to-be-purchased guitar I'll have a clearly defined goal and direction. I hope you realize just how exciting this is. Five years ago I was going to be a Marine Biologist training dolphins at Sea World. Three years ago I was going to start my own record lable in London, England, and one year ago I was going to be a Public relations consultant for a non-profit organization. Praise God for clarity!!

No comments: