Monday, June 06, 2005

Summertime...

Who doesn't love the summer? Beautiful weather, no school, jobs that earn money...I've been back on campus for about three weeks now working for conference services- tech staff. It's been a rough ride. The first week was ok because I was surrounded by friends still here for May term. But last week was one of the lonliest weeks of my life. Work from 8-5 then returning to my room where I sat and practiced music, learned (kinda) how to knit, and watched two seasons of Friends. It was tough. I'm such a people person and there weren't any of my good friends around, no family, nothing. It was the best week...why? Because it caused me to appreciate my friends more than ever. It made me turn to the Lord for my comfort and I found it! Just praying out loud in conversation form really puts Him right there, next to you. Now Danika is back from China and Pudge is around...it's turning into a pretty great summer. Making some new friends and growing leaps and bounds in the Lord. I wish I could write all the amazing things He's teaching me, but it would just be too long. It's not that God is showing me His will just yet, but He is revealing some pretty incredible possibilities that I had never thought of. I'm content with not knowing. I'm content in my singleness and solitude this summer. I'm ready, willing, and now able to accept whatever our awesome Lord has in store for my life.

No comments: