Monday, September 11, 2006

I Wish I Were a Philosopher

I've just spent about 30 minutes neglecting my Church Leadership homework in favor of reading various IWU religion prof. blogs. Goodness I wish I could write like them. Then I read the comments left by my fellow students, raising perfectly legitimate questions on the blogs of these intensely intellectual men and jealousy rises up in my veins. How I wish I could banter with the best.

Alas, maybe I'm destined to just sing through my thoughts and put them all to melodies that float in the air at coffee shops. Who knows, maybe, just maybe someday I'll be able to conjure up a blog worthy of a Coach D. or Ken Schenck reading. Until then, I'll retire to my keyboard and continue to imagine new chord progressions and rhymes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's about time you updated.
and there's nothing to be jealous of--you're awesome at what you do. i'd rather be a songwriter than a philosopher, personally.