Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Which Way is Up?

It's 2am. I should be sleeping considering that I got about 10 hours in the past two nights combined. I got to see some pretty amazing friends this past weekend. Thank you, God for friends that keep in touch across the miles and can somehow hold you accountable over the phone. Paul, Bre, Julie, Jackie, and Shawn...miss you already! It was too short of a visit and I, for one, needed more time!!

1/2 of the semester left, what now? I'm up to my ears in seminary entrance essays, job applications, and complete confusion. Amidst all the chaos and uncertainty of the future I have this strange peace about life. God's got it, plain and simple. He's got it, so why should I fear anything? I just have to let him take the reigns and we'll continue on the best road trip ever (with the best music...no annoying 80s songs that always seem to creep onto the radio).

I'm tired...goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trials are a bit different than his, but you may find inspiration from Job's words when he says, "But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside." (23:10,11) Stay true and you will find your way. I often think that with great risk (exercises of faith) comes great reward. You may also find encouragementfrom Psalm 37. Now, go get some sleep!