Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Blessings in a Big World

I've been reminded lately of the dire importance of JOY. It is, after all, a fruit of the Spirit. Joy is not an emotion, it is a state of being. I am learning to find joy in even the littlest things here in Korea. Just thought I could share a few with you:

- the middle school girls in the praise team, singing/playing the Vanessa Carlton song "1,000 Miles" after practice
- seeing my high school praise team students lead worship entirely without the help of me or the other staff leader. they picked out the songs, made the power point, practiced and lead their fellow students in an amazing time of worship...it brought tears of joy to my eyes to see those so young leading so fervently.
- Paula, one of my students, remembering how much I love dark chocolate and bringing me a different variety of several times.
- my co-worker, fellow "newbie" and friend, Allison. she too just graduated from Christian college and we just seem to get each other, our hearts, our minds, thank the Lord for someone who "gets me".
- Sally and Virginia, two other female RAs. They too "get me" and because they have been here longer (both in Korea and on the earth), can impart so much wisdom on me and Allison. thank the Lord for females...
- the fact that Costco here sells a huge block of colby jack cheese
- the fact that Korean food isn't all that fried and is full of vegetables (and that even me, a very picky eater has yet to go hungry due to taste discrimination).
- High School Spiritual Emphasis Week...40 came to Christ and so many more learned new things about our Lord and Savior.

I've been able to see each and every day why I am here. I'm almost 3 months in and it's crazy that I'm still writing about this transition. BUT, it has been the biggest one of my life...

1 comment:

A cross-cultural family said...

Praise the Lord! It is so encouraging to read about all the joyful things happening in your world. You are a blessing to me and I love reading your blogs! Keep them coming!